- Fill in missing information, transfer from the JAP forum
- Fix what's incorrect, retest what's reported from long ago, update what's outdated
- Add notable and useful services that your discover and are not yet here in:
- Most wanted: Privacy-friendly and JS-free: webmail, anomailers, receive-only mail, file hosting in all flavors, HTML 5 Theora video hosting, YouTube download helpers, web search engines, PDF to HTML and DOC/DOCX to HTML converters
- Don't include "interesting" single Wikies or forums (except strongly JAP or privacy related), as there are ways too many of such
- When a service breaks (no longer online, no longer free, no longer works without JS, etc.), label it accordingly, rather than removing it completely from here
- Translate this into German, keep English and German versions equivalent
- Contact the providers of painful or incompatible services and ask them to improve compatibility: no JS requirement, video with HTML 5 instead of Flash, no Java plugin, HTML instead of PDF. As arguments you can point privacy, security (avoiding JS+Java+Flash very effectively blocks all sorts of fraud and malware distribution) as well as compatibility with non-mainstream browsers (although such are not ideal for privacy), see also Anybrowser Campaign (video not mentioned), and finally free and open standards and software ideals (HTML 5 is compliant, while Flash isn't). If many people complain, things may change to get better one day.
- Fixed (1 occurrence at least) AnonymousTerrorist 06:33, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
Please use only SSL-encrypted remailer web interfaces. Otherwise the exit mix can read your traffic. I will remove HTTP-only webinterfaces. kn (2010-04-21)
- IMHO bad idea. I would leave them in, at end of list, just point the problem. AnonymousTerrorist 06:33, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
- Ok, but make a "non-secure" notice please. kn 27 April 2010
We recommend mail providers in "Create pseudonymous E-mail accounts". Use the provider recommeded in this section. GMX.de, Web.de GMail, Yahoo are not recommended by JonDos for anonymous accounts. Only use case for GMX.de, Web.de GMail, Yahoo and so on: you have to use an untrusted hotspot to use your mail account. It should be the last point in "E-mail", not the first. Or may we create a new page for a collection of "mail providers and JonDo"? kn (2010-04-21)
- created new page for webmailer Webmail
- :-) AnonymousTerrorist 06:33, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
Online file format converters
Documents like DOCX, ODF and others contain many informations about the author (real name, email, used software). If you were upload a DOCX document to an online file format converter JonDonym can not protect your privacy or the privacy of the autor (if the document was not written by you).
- Some time ago some Nazis uploaded a "highly anonymous" ideology paper - in Word DOC format. Hidden metadata contained full personal info about author and he soon got a visit from the police. ;-) But this is a non-issue for the reader, if someone else uploaded a DOC/DOCX and you have to read it, an online converter can help and will not affect privacy of anyone. Better just tell the people to stop using DOC/DOCX (sorry but I never did). AnonymousTerrorist 06:33, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
I think, online file format converters are not a use case for JonDonym. kn (2010-04-21)
- or create a new page non-use-cases
- -) AnonymousTerrorist 06:33, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
Other idea: create a page on video. List of services and info:
- Whether it plays (HTML5 will, Flash won't)
- Whether you can pick it "manually" from the source (blip.tv seems to work, most other don't)
- Whether ATube Catcher works
- Other info (registration required to upload / post comments?)
AnonymousTerrorist 06:33, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
Privacy box removed
- The PrivacyBox is a single point like "Hide my ASS!" and it is possible to compromise single points
- May be, the PrivacyBox is already compromised by German secret service, we got some informations from a whistleblower.
- We have had a discussion with the board of German Privacy Foundation (the operator of the PrivacyBox) about steps to secure the PrivacyBox against this issue over 3 month. All recommendations were rejected by German Privacy Foundation.
- Because it is impossible to verify the whistleblower informations we can not publish a warning. It may be a fake or true? But we have to feel confident for our recommendations as much as possible.
- Conclusion: we do not recommend the PrivacyBox until the German Privacy Foundation will drive into recommended steps to improve the security.
- (cane, 18. November)
- Thanks :-( AnonymousTerrorist 16:25, 22 November 2011 (CET)