While the main usage of JonDo is anonymizing web surfing, there are a lot of other applications that you may use with the program.
In the following, you will see some applications that have successfully been tested with JonDo. You will also find there some basic instructions regarding their configuration. If you have your own suggestions, write us: For every submission which is published here, we will send you a JonDonym-couponcode worth of 500 MB for free.
Web browser - anonymous WWW surfing
If you are surfing the web via JonDo using JonDoFox, your IP address and the characteristics of your browser are anonymized. But you should in any case pay attention to the following notes while surfing, because otherwise JonDonym is not able to protect you:
- If it is possible, enter personal data on web sites only if they are secured by HTTPS. JonDoFox shows for these sites a blue or green bar within the address bar.
- If it is possible, enter your correct personal data only if you want to order some physical product. In all the other cases you should use imagined identities and do not use login names more than once.
- Use different, randomly generated and preferably long passwords for each web service. You may use password programs like KeePass, in order to generate identities and passwords automatically and save them securely.
- Avoid Flash and Java applications. Download web videos instead of viewing them directly in your browser.
- Allow cookies just temporarily. Do not use Google search if you have accepted cookies for Googlemail.
Secure PDF documents: harden Adobe Acrobat against attacks
Using Edit->Preferences (key combination: Strg+K), you should disable various functions of your Adobe Reader in order to secure it against hackers.
Multimedia Trust must not be allowed (prevents direct IP connections):
Internet: Forbid displaying PDFs in the browser (prevents direct IP connections):