JonDoConsole software collection
Thanks + Bugs
Thanks for releasing this. Problems left:
- There are 2 Wiki pages subjecting to the same thing
- It needs Java and even worse the one included with GUI JAP is not good (bizzarre exception)
- java.sum.com has some Java but too much - please write what Java to download or even better mirror it at your page
- What about compiling a native binary, or is it impossible with Java?
- "Balance 0 Bytes" is not updated when connected
- Autoswitch is ON (same fault as in the GUI)
- The total size of JonDoConsole.jar + Java is very big, even bigger that full JAP GUI installer, not what one would expect. Maybe some smaller Java or removing some stuff (non-English languages, maybe more) from the archive would help.
- It takes long time before services are found (same problem in the GUI) AnonymousTerrorist --- 2010-June-20 02:57 (UTC) ---
- You may start JonDoConsole with a cache file for infoservice data with option -s <file>. It will decrease the time before services are found and speedup first connection. For Debian packages it is the default by the command jondoconsole command.
- You can download a headless Java version without GUI components. OpenJDK-6 offers a package jre-headless.
- The JAP GUI installer downloads Java during installation, if no JRE was found.
Thanks, some more simplifications and size reductions would be nice
> 2. You can download a headless Java version without GUI components. > OpenJDK-6 offers a package jre-headless.
I'll look for it
> 3. The JAP GUI installer downloads Java during installation, if no JRE was found.
I am using this one:
> Alternatively you can download the complete setup program (19,560,544 Bytes) > which includes Java (to be installed if needed) and can be used to install > while not connected to the internet.
AnonymousTerrorist 17:56, 28 September 2010 (UTC)