Questions about using Jondofox

If sometime something does not work...
xmoo

Questions about using Jondofox

Post by xmoo » Fri Oct 02, 2015 15:49

Currently I am happy with Jondofox and have supported by buying premium. But I have a few questions and problems I'm encountering:

1) How do I enable history? I want to be able to keep history, search etc. but whenever I enable the options and restart Jondofox it restarts to not saving.

2) Using premium, I am now no longer able to connect to free servers. I would like to also use free servers in addition to premium but only premium is showing up. How can I fix this?

Thank you!

cane

Re: Questions about using Jondofox

Post by cane » Fri Oct 02, 2015 19:34

2) Using premium, I am now no longer able to connect to free servers. I would like to also use free servers in addition to premium but only premium is showing up. How can I fix this?
Open the settings dialiog in JonDo and go to the section services - anonymity

Klick on the button Edit filter and disable the option premium preferred.

See 2. screenshot ("Filter for Mixes") on the online help page: https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/en/ ... _anon.html

Afterwards you can choose free services too.
1) How do I enable history?
That's a security feature of JonDoFox.

xmoo

Post by xmoo » Fri Oct 02, 2015 20:25

Hi cane, thank you for the response. On the same filter "mix" screenshot, what is the meaning of the checkbox "no data retention"?

2)I understand disabling history is a security feature but my threat model isn't that high....is it possible for me to disable history via Jondofox config?

Also, would it be possible to be running 2 instances of Jondo with one running on 1 port+server and the other running on a different port+different server?

3) Would jondofox developers consider adding uBlock Origin instead of the current AdblockPlus as it needs manual configuration to block all ads? Ghostery would be a nice addition too.

cane

Post by cane » Sat Oct 03, 2015 13:53

what is the meaning of the checkbox "no data retention"?
At the moment it is a useless option, no differnce it enabled or not. May be later? We will get an update in blog.
Also, would it be possible to be running 2 instances of Jondo with one running on 1 port+server and the other running on a different port+different server?
Yes, it is possible. You have to start JonDo with 2 different configuration files. See online help: https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/en/ ... dline.html
Would jondofox developers consider adding uBlock Origin instead of the current AdblockPlus
As I know, there are no plans to replace AdBlock Plus by uBlock Origin.

It is not recommended to change the configuration of AdBlock Plus because it is part of the definition of the anonymity group. If you changed the configuration you will be unique and not a member of the anonymity group.

Blocking of ads is not requiered for anonymity (TorBrowser doesn't block any ads), ist is only a small feature to save bandwith.

yugdewalkar

Post by yugdewalkar » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:12

I am new to Jondofox, thanks for sharing useful information.