TikTok's young fans 'exploited' for digital gifts

How to stay anonymous in your daily life
tonyburgos

TikTok's young fans 'exploited' for digital gifts

Post by tonyburgos » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:46

TikTok lets fans send their favourite videomakers "digital gifts", which can cost up to £48.99.

A BBC investigation found influencers promising to share their phone numbers with fans in exchange for the gifts.

TikTok said it would strengthen its policies and guidelines but did not explain exactly how.

Claire (not her real name) told BBC News she regretted spending £100 to obtain her favourite TikTok star's phone number - and he had never answered his phone.

TonyB

Re: TikTok's young fans 'exploited' for digital gifts

Post by TonyB » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:56

TikTok is the fastest-growing social media app, with about 500 million regular users, 10 million tik tok video online download, although the company does not disclose its userbase. It's estimated to have been downloaded more than a billion times on app stores.

The app lets people post 15-second videos. It is known for clips of teenagers lip-syncing and dancing to the latest trending music.

BillET

Post by BillET » Fri Aug 09, 2019 14:59

TikTok said it would strengthen its policies and guidelines but did not explain exactly how.

Langdon

Post by Langdon » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:19

I would never believe that a star or famous person would give his personal phone number to strange people. It was a scam to get money out from keen fans. In fact, I have a skeptical attitude toward TikTok. I missed the moment when TikTok became popular with so many members. If we compare it with Instagram or Facebook, we will see that the popularity of these two was built stone by stone, piece by piece. However, TikTok as if it was created and became popular on the same day. Personally, I prefer more Instagram than TikTok. However, a lot of scammers write me on Instagram stuff like “do how can you buy Instagram views?” or “we can promote your account fast and qualitative”. Dear people, don’t believe any of these promises.

ShortShot

Post by ShortShot » Fri Jun 12, 2020 16:27

Langdon wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:19
I would never believe that a star or famous person would give his personal phone number to strange people. It was a scam to get money out from keen fans. In fact, I have a skeptical attitude toward TikTok. I missed the moment when TikTok became popular with so many members. If we compare it with Instagram or Facebook, we will see that the popularity of these two was built stone by stone, piece by piece. However, TikTok as if it was created and became popular on the same day. Personally, I prefer more Instagram than TikTok. However, a lot of scammers write me on Instagram stuff like “do how can you buy Instagram views?” or “we can promote your account fast and qualitative”. Dear people, don’t believe any of these promises.
Where can I get some more feedback on this?

Thompson95
name: Isaac

Post by Thompson95 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:33

Personally, I don't understand the popularity of TikTok.

Youghbould

Post by Youghbould » Tue Jul 28, 2020 17:52

The practice of live giving first appeared in China, where TikTok owner Bytedance is based, and is wildly popular. There professional "idols" earn huge sums in their audience. In the West, location is more often demonstrated by tips, especially on gaming platforms such as Twitch. However, the rapid popularity of TikTok is making its own changes - its business model is now being actively tested. Bytedance, the Chinese company that owns TikTok, declined to answer specific questions but told the BBC that it is investigating digital gifts. My opinions Twitter is the best platform, where you can calmly communicate and post your thoughts

ShortShot

Post by ShortShot » Mon Sep 28, 2020 17:02

Well, this sounds awesome but to be honest I don't believe that. I like TikTok and I would be happy this to be true but I can't believe this will be true ever. Instead I would like to share with you guys an awesome thing about TikTok. Did you know that now it's possible to get free? TikTok followers and likes and all you need in order to raise your account is just to check this site: tiktokfollowersfree.com. I hope you guys will find this information helpful.

IsaacBrown

Post by IsaacBrown » Wed Sep 30, 2020 16:08

ShortShot wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 17:02
Well, this sounds awesome but to be honest I don't believe that. I like TikTok and I would be happy this to be true but I can't believe this will be true ever. Instead I would like to share with you guys an awesome thing about TikTok. Did you know that now it's possible to get free? TikTok followers and likes and all you need in order to raise your account is just to check this site: tiktokfollowersfree.com. I hope you guys will find this information helpful.
Yes you are right. By the way ,I also use this site that you've recommended us and I can confirm that it is awesome.