All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Website license?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 14:46 

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 21:19
Posts: 32
Hello,

under which license is the website anonymous-proxy-servers.net?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Website license?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 14:54 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 15:58
Posts: 2821
Content or design?

The design is a coorporate design of JonDonym - not for use by others.

The content is open for fair use: you may cite and link the source.

At the moment we don't have a license for our website. Which usage are you interested in?

_________________
OTR-Fingerprint: 0FF1FDAF A35949ED B556E84D 183750FF 3946F0C5


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Website license?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 16:09 

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 21:19
Posts: 32
cane wrote:
Content or design?

Content only.

cane wrote:
The design is a coorporate design of JonDonym - not for use by others.

Understandable and fair.

cane wrote:
At the moment we don't have a license for our website. Which usage are you interested in?


I am the developer of Whonix, which is an anonymous operating system. (Previously known as TorBOX.) At the moment I am working on the documentation. The goal is an improved Whonix documentation and a general guide to anonymity.

Since on anonymous-proxy-servers.net hosts already a lot general instructions, I'd like to copy, paste, credit and modify some for my docs. For example the content of the Flash (only intro and 1. and flash settings pictures) would be useful for me.

Some GPL(v3) compatible content license would be awesome. Some thoughts (INAL):
- The GNU Free Documentation License looks quite problematic, since not GPL compatible.
- The FreeBSD Documentation License looks quite good and compatible.
- CC0 public domain dedication looks also quite unproblematic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Website license?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 18:05 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 15:58
Posts: 2821
Quote:
The goal is an improved Whonix documentation and a general guide to anonymity.
You may use our online help for your propose. No problem.

_________________
OTR-Fingerprint: 0FF1FDAF A35949ED B556E84D 183750FF 3946F0C5


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Website license?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 21:13 

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:02
Posts: 117
proper wrote:
cane wrote:
Content or design?

Content only.

cane wrote:
The design is a coorporate design of JonDonym - not for use by others.

Understandable and fair.

cane wrote:
At the moment we don't have a license for our website. Which usage are you interested in?


I am the developer of Whonix, which is an anonymous operating system. (Previously known as TorBOX.) At the moment I am working on the documentation. The goal is an improved Whonix documentation and a general guide to anonymity.

Since on anonymous-proxy-servers.net hosts already a lot general instructions, I'd like to copy, paste, credit and modify some for my docs. For example the content of the Flash (only intro and 1. and flash settings pictures) would be useful for me.

Some GPL(v3) compatible content license would be awesome. Some thoughts (INAL):
- The GNU Free Documentation License looks quite problematic, since not GPL compatible.
- The FreeBSD Documentation License looks quite good and compatible.
- CC0 public domain dedication looks also quite unproblematic.


Your old website (TorBOX) and a few images are in my book (with credit to your site, full quotations and all). But now you have moved! Alas!

_________________
http://www.sovereignpress.org - The Privacy Book.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Website license?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 21:39 

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 21:19
Posts: 32
cane wrote:
Quote:
The goal is an improved Whonix documentation and a general guide to anonymity.
You may use our online help for your propose. No problem.

Thanks.

I am still a bit unclear about conditions.

Can I release your text/pictures as GPLv3 (or any other Free Software license)?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Website license?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 22:02 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 15:58
Posts: 2821
1: All content in our online help you may use with or without modifications as you like. You may release text and images as GPLv3 (or any other Free Software license).

See: https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/en/help/index.html


2: Content of our blog is editorial content. You may use it under fair use conditions. Please mark a cite and link back.

See: https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/blog/index.php


I think, these two licenses are ok?

_________________
OTR-Fingerprint: 0FF1FDAF A35949ED B556E84D 183750FF 3946F0C5


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Website license?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 23:35 

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 21:19
Posts: 32
Awesome! Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
cron
Free Trial for Premium Services
Free Trial for Premium Services
JonDonym News
JonDo Live-DVD with POND
Sat, 29 Mar 2014
Status Report March
Tue, 25 Mar 2014
Speaker's Corner
Update about FBI's NGI
Tue, 15 Apr 2014
OpenSSL bug CVE-2014-0160
Wed, 09 Apr 2014
For your web site - free!
Get your free IP check image for your web site or forum here!
Latest software releases
JonDo 0.19.001
Tue, 29 Aug 2013
JonDoFox 2.9.0-2
Tue, 19 Mar 2014
JonDoBrowser 0.14 Beta
Tue, 25 Mar 2014
Live-CD/DVD 0.9.55.1
Wed, 09 Apr 2014