How do I know JonDonym is working

If sometime something does not work...
James Smith

How do I know JonDonym is working

Post by James Smith » Sat Nov 23, 2013 19:17

I have installed it on my iMac running system 10.6.8 with Sophos anti virus running. I can't seem to detect any difference in anything. Upload and download speeds seem to be the same. Is there anything I have not done correctly or something I can check to determine it is working?

cane

Re: How do I know JonDonym is working

Post by cane » Sat Nov 23, 2013 19:41

You may open our test page in your browser: http://ip-check.info

For anonymous surfing our pre-configured Firefox profil JonDoFox is recommended. Download from our download page for MacOS: https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/en/ ... macos.html

(Installation of JonDoFox works only for latest MacOS 10.9 Mavericks, please update your OS, you may download MacOS 10.9 Mavericks for free.)

James Smith

Post by James Smith » Sat Nov 23, 2013 19:56

Thanks for the very fast reply. I didn't see anyplace it noted I must have Mavericks installed. Apparently, your program is useless to me as have no plans to load an OS that does nothing for me.

cane

Post by cane » Sat Nov 23, 2013 20:00

JonDo will provide an anonymisation proxy for you, but it does NOT change your system settings. You have to configure the proxy setting of each internet application you want to use anonymous with JonDonym by self.
See: https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/en/ ... macos.html

You may change the proxy settings for browser - but our preconfigured JonDoFox is recomemnded.

xg27

Post by xg27 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 16:07

James Smith wrote:...
Telling others what they don't want to hear may equal liberty but it won't do any good.

Most of the times.

James Smith

Post by James Smith » Wed Nov 27, 2013 17:20

Sadly, you are correct. Most people would rather believe a comforting lie than a truth that rarely supports their cherished delusions. I think this may account for politics, religion, the WWE, and maybe NASCAR, too. ;)

xg27

Post by xg27 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:24

James Smith wrote:Sadly, you are correct. Most people would rather believe a comforting lie than a truth that rarely supports their cherished delusions. I think this may account for politics, religion, the WWE, and maybe NASCAR, too. ;)
The Lie is a trojan horse. We adapt it for short term benefit - and fall victim to it. A fact known since the dawn of written history.

I do bring up the subject occasionally but it's a struggle against the prevailing winds.

Gentlemen never sail to weather but rebels do. Sometimes purely for the fun of it.

Needs caution, though.

James Smith

Post by James Smith » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:35

As a long-time sailor who has worked deliveries around the world, sailing to weather is often the most fun. In addition, it can be what gets you where you want to go. Yes, that applies to much more than sailing.

Ardas

Post by Ardas » Tue May 05, 2020 0:07

هل هناك مشكلة حميمية؟ ثم أوصي بأن تنتبه إلى هذا الموقع الفياجرا ، حيث أنت ستكون قادر على شراء أفضل دواء الذي سيكون بالتأكيد قادر على حل مشكلتك بسهولة وببساطة