keeping whtelist for cookie monster & Noscript

If sometime something does not work...
andrewto3523

keeping whtelist for cookie monster & Noscript

Post by andrewto3523 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:53

I'm looking to move over to the new Jondo broweser. Is there a way I can backup and then import my whitelist of sites for cookie monster and no script ? (This also applies to when I'm updating jondofox)

cane

Re: keeping whtelist for cookie monster & Noscript

Post by cane » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:24

In the directory "Data/profile" of JonDoBrowser you will find the file "permissions.sql". Keep this file, it contains the whitelists.

andrewto3523

Post by andrewto3523 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:26

Hi,

I'm moving from jondofox to jondobrowser. Do I simply copy and replace the files ?

cane

Post by cane » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:02

You may copy the following files:

- "places.sql" (your booksmarks)
- "permissions.sql" (your Javascripr and cookies settings)
- "CertPatrol.sqlite" (known SSL certificates)
- "cert_override.txt" (accepted certificates)

and HTTPSEverywhereRules (if modified)

If your were using the Debian package of JonDoBrowser, the copy of settings from JonDoFox will done after a question automatically.

andrewto3523

Post by andrewto3523 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 20:41

can you advise of the directory of the mentioned files for jondoFox. A quick search as shown no such files ??

cane

Post by cane » Wed Jul 17, 2013 20:52

Depends on your operating system. Have a look at: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox

The "<profile folder>" for JonDoFox is "profile".

andrewto3523

Post by andrewto3523 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:47

Hi Cane

I'm only really interested in keeping Java script and cookie settings. I have therefore coped and pasted the permissions.sqlite file from jondofox into jondobrowser profile but yet the settings have not been moved over ?

any ideas ?

(The profile for each browser can be found via clicking the jondobrowser tab top left ----help--trouble information----then clicking show folder (fourth box down)

cane

Post by cane » Wed Jul 24, 2013 17:10

Did you used Firefox 22 with JonDoFox? JonDoBrowser is based on Firefox 17esr. Upgrade of configuration files works well, but downgrade? I will test it.

andrewto3523

Post by andrewto3523 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:09

yes ff 22.0 was used for JondoFox - if it is not possible to move whitelist across, do I simply do the previous step's (copy and paste old permission files) when updating Jondobrowser ??

What are the security benefits of moving to Jondo Browser ?

cane

Post by cane » Thu Jul 25, 2013 16:19

What are the security benefits of moving to Jondo Browser ?
At the moment JonDoBrowser can block tracking by SSL session ID. THis is not possible without source code modifications of Firefox. More modification are possible too. But JonDoBrowser is BETA software. You use it at own risk.

JonDoFox can not block tracking by SSL session ID but it is stable software.
yes ff 22.0 was used for JondoFox
By using a "permissions.sqlite" of FF 22 for FF 17 only cookie permissions are moved, Javascript permissions (whitelist) was lost in my test.

By updating JonDoBrowser the copy of "permissions.sqlite" will do the job, because it moves from FF 17 to FF 17.