Gun Control

How to stay anonymous in your daily life
AlexanderOgden

Gun Control

Post by AlexanderOgden » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:12

I'm not for or against gun control. I think in certain situations people need guns. I lived in Alaska for a while, and understood the real need the subsistance hunters had for their guns. However, I now live in Texas where everyone has a gun (or so it seems!) but I don't see a particular need.
So I'm just curiouse as to what people think of the following:
"Another fear is that armed criminal types will terrorize unarmed citizens. The response to this fear is that good citizens will be safe if armed with thier own weapons. But when nonoutlaws buy guns, rather than increasing their chances of protecting themselves against the bad guys, they instead dramatically increase their own chance of being killed or having a family member killed (Kellerman, et al., 1993)"
from Social Psychology by Kenrick, Neuberg, and Cialdini
According to Berkowitz (1993a), law enforcement officers strongly favor gun control.
Also, according to FBI crime reports, 7 times out of 10, people are killed by guns (of the 250, 000 murders in the US in the last 10 years, 180,000 were with guns).

surfius

Re: Gun Control

Post by surfius » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:17

Guns are a must to be honest!

Abrahamus

Re: Gun Control

Post by Abrahamus » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:24

I completely agree with you. Gun regulations are a must, to be honest. You cannot let anybody have a gun at any point, you need to have regulations and certain criteria for somebody to own a gun. In my opinion, there are too many bad things that are happening because anyone is able to purchase a gun from any location that you can think off. From regular shops to shady alleys. I am using a Glock for defence purposes, but I never had to use it in real life. Buying bulk ammo for it, it's much better than regular one if you are asking me. I am buying it from https://bulkmunitions.com/buy-ammo/handgun/9mm-ammo/ and I recommend you to check it out!