lawn maintenance

How to stay anonymous in your daily life
AlexanderOgden

lawn maintenance

Post by AlexanderOgden » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:09

I have a reel mower. I love that it is quiet, odor free and feel good about its "green-ness" but I really don't like the job it does. My front lawn is FULL of dandellions and while I kind of enjoy them in bloom (as does my toddler, she can pick til the cows come home!) I cannot stand the site of them when they go to seed and while my reel mower does fine with most of the grass and clover it just rolls over the dandelions so they pop up after a bit. My neighbors probably think I am a nut because I go around the lawn and pick the stems afterwards...its like 200 or so of them. (oh how I wish the bunnies that eat them in the back yard would come out front!!)
I know a rotary mower would do a better job, but I really don't want them. I also know I could weed the lawn or kill them with vinegar and whatnot but I guess I am trying to avoid that too. Is there anything I can do to the reel mower to make it more effective. It is our second season with it FWIW. I have it set as low as possible (though still higher than a rotary's lowest setting) and I keep it oiled.

runningman

Re: lawn maintenance

Post by runningman » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:37

Personally, I like this tool, in my garden it is even much more convenient than any other analogues

Trevohis

Post by Trevohis » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:44

I think that in the modern world, everyone uses the services of gardeners. The most important thing is that they do their work efficiently and without problems. Previously, when I mowed the lawn on my own, I constantly had problems with the lawnmower, despite the fact that I bought the best models of lawnmowers. My wife loves the garden, but all she does is plant flowers, so we hire a gardener. I strongly advise you to contact a special service, like this lawn.com.au, that will put your garden in complete order, and you will have enough time to take care of yourself.

JulieQ

Post by JulieQ » Mon Mar 22, 2021 16:07

I'm not sure that I will be able to truly help you but anyway, I strongly recommend you to have a glance at this source on https://mygardenzone.com/best-dump-cart ... n-tractor/ because it can really help you to choose the best dump cart for lawn tractor right there in case you really need it. I hope that it will be useful for you because personally I may say that this source has helped me so many times there.

Lelielen

Post by Lelielen » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:55

I love gardening! This is my hobby. Could you give me some haircut tips?

Fyanalan

Post by Fyanalan » Thu Apr 01, 2021 13:08

I bought a I bought a lawn mower to Trim That Weed on my lawn. Instead of a blade these use line like a string trimmer only much heavier duty. I buy the stuff by the reel and it's quite cheap. The beauty of these things is you can hit rocks, stumps, samplings and assorted other thing that would kill steel implements such as a sickle bar. trust me, there a lot of stuff hidden in those weeds.

ladaavesta78

Post by ladaavesta78 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 22:55

I have never had a mower and now as I am thinking about spending more time out of the city (or maybe even move to our cottage) I need a mower. I have to look at some articles to find out which one is the best and quite cheap. Any recommends maybe?