Tesla in a fiction novel

How to stay anonymous in your daily life
IsaacBrown

Tesla in a fiction novel

Post by IsaacBrown » Thu Jul 02, 2020 13:25

In the middle of reading Dan Brown's latest novel, "Origin." Private plane lands in Barcelona, Tesla Model X P90D, given to the billionaire plane owner by Elon Musk, described as faster than a Ferrari, is summoned to the plane, and off they go. Wonder if Brown drives a Tesla...

ShortShot

Re: Tesla in a fiction novel

Post by ShortShot » Thu Jul 02, 2020 13:38

Fiction is the operative word here. He says Autopilot is safer than a human driver, and has FSD already operational. In the novel, the Model X self-drives the protagonists, concealed in the cargo area. There was an article on Dan Brown from September 2017.....at that time he drove a Model X.

JoanneCameron

Post by JoanneCameron » Thu Jul 02, 2020 14:17

It's a clever way to endorse a product, we know that Brown has millions of readers. Da Vinci sold 80 million copies, so you can arrive at a conclusion. There is another question if Musk is paying Brown.. lol. Why not? Although he said that he is not a car person, that is not a priority for him, it might be a marketing thing. I like his books, I don't pay attention to this kind of things. But I would find good sci-fi books in another place like https://novelonlinefull.com, there are really futuristic cars. Brown can be inspired, or even Musk. I let the link here, Sci-fi genres the best one.

ShortShot

Post by ShortShot » Thu Jul 02, 2020 15:54

JoanneCameron wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 14:17
It's a clever way to endorse a product, we know that Brown has millions of readers. Da Vinci sold 80 million copies, so you can arrive at a conclusion. There is another question if Musk is paying Brown.. lol. Why not? Although he said that he is not a car person, that is not a priority for him, it might be a marketing thing. I like his books, I don't pay attention to this kind of things. But I would find good sci-fi books in another place like https://novelonlinefull.com, there are really futuristic cars. Brown can be inspired, or even Musk. I let the link here, Sci-fi genres the best one.
Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!