All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Allah's Warriors and Others
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 13:12 

Allah's warriors. God's warriors. A god who holds earthquakes, floods, plagues and backpack loads of comets in his toolbox; what the heck does such a god need god's warriors for? And indeed he doesn't need them. All gods named by man share one attribute; they are unable to defend themselves against being abused by man.

Bad enough. But that's only half of it.

In the circus maximum god's warriors at one side play against the warriors of democracy at the other side. If democracy needs anything at all these days then its good democrats rather than democracy warriors. For a democracy is only as good as it's democrats are. And we, the people, are watching it. God's Warriors against the Democracy Warriors. Just like a football game. Any more beers in the fridge?

It would be funny; were the blood not so red.

Since 911 and by 911 we, the west, have picked ourselves a fight and now we have it. Congrats, Mr Bush and Mr Blair and their co-workers, retired or not. We can end it and I believe we will. Let's not pick the next one.

I wish everyone a good New Year; as peaceful as humanly possible.

Post subject: Re: Allah's Warriors and Others
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 22:41 

xg27 wrote:
Allah's warriors. God's warriors. A god who holds earthquakes, floods, plagues and backpack loads of comets in his toolbox; what the heck does such a god need god's warriors for? And indeed he doesn't need them. All gods named by man share one attribute; they are unable to defend themselves against being abused by man.

Bad enough. But that's only half of it.

In the circus maximum god's warriors at one side play against the warriors of democracy at the other side. If democracy needs anything at all these days then its good democrats rather than democracy warriors. For a democracy is only as good as it's democrats are. And we, the people, are watching it. God's Warriors against the Democracy Warriors. Just like a football game. Any more beers in the fridge?

It would be funny; were the blood not so red.

Since 911 and by 911 we, the west, have picked ourselves a fight and now we have it. Congrats, Mr Bush and Mr Blair and their co-workers, retired or not. We can end it and I believe we will. Let's not pick the next one.

I wish everyone a good New Year; as peaceful as humanly possible.

A few questions. Since you post in the German section, I am guessing you either live in or near Germany or are familiar with German culture.

What are your thoughts on the migrants flooding Germany and Europe in general? What are the thoughts of Germans in general? I read DW, and it portrays it in terms of right and left.

You appear not only critical of Islam, but religion in general. What are your thoughts on this?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:00 

Quote:
You appear not only critical of Islam, but religion in general. What are your thoughts on this?
I'm surely not critical of Islam, nor of religion in general. What I am critical of is the abuse of religion, of feeling entitled by [God|Allah|Other] to conquer foreign lands, to slaughter and dominate foreign people. I'm also painfully aware of regrettable Al Andalous.

Quote:
What are your thoughts on the migrants flooding Germany and Europe in general
This was to happen sooner or later. Due to global inequality and due to a progressively failing global economy. The Idol starts to eat it's own worshipers after a while; and it starts from the bottom up. So those at the bottom flee.

Quote:
What are the thoughts of Germans in general? I read DW, and it portrays it in terms of right and left.
Germans are pretty much polarized on this; and german politicians are sweating to keep things in balance. First, the glorifiers had the upper voice. But soon the trouble started; a trouble that was to be expected when different cultures meet, made worse by inadequate handling on behalf of the host country. Sudden liberties don't perform well with [young] people that come from strict societies. People that naturally take everything they see around for true and respond according to their native values. But things are not always as they seem and in germany german values apply. As a consequence to these troubles the demonizers rose. In this case the far right would be the demonizers and the far left the glorifiers. It's a little like if germans would come to an arabic country and by being there ignite tensions between Sunnites and Shiites. What further complicates the situation is the fact that an established Muslim community already exists in germany and they are now requested to take position. In short, a nice tangle-up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 20:39 

Religion?Is for people who are afraid to die and there are people who are using religion to dominate others and fill their pockets.
Better find your own way through life ;)

You should watch "500 Nations "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/500_Nations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Ls57OFhaM

and "Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Untol ... ted_States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZBRcdy7ndI

Will explain at minimum partly what happens right now and why.

There is more out,I know,but it's a start.

Problem is,how do whe get out of our "bubbles"

I let off my gun,
And made'em all run.
And Stole all their Bonfire away.