Bad Operators?

Questions about organisation, special technical questions, troll plain
Tornetwork

Bad Operators?

Post by Tornetwork » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:44

I wanna know how y'all pick your operators? and what if one is bad and does
malicious things like traffic tampering? would this be something to look out for? because i know the only way to monitor tor is from timed correlation attack? which someone using Tor would only have to change their identity to bypass this attack? and do y'all know if they would monitor the traffic? or keep logs?

cane

Re: Bad Operators?

Post by cane » Tue Aug 18, 2015 21:59

For traffic correlation attacks the support of mix operators is not required. It can be done without mix operators only by monitoring the in and out traffic by an external attacker.

About background check for mix operators you have to ask JonDos GmbH by contact form (see link top right). No member of JonDos GmbH is reading here.

About logging and mix server audits you may have a look at the operator contract, look at Operational Agreement §5 : https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/en/ ... eement.pdf (PDF)

Tornetwork

Post by Tornetwork » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:43

Because i thought correlation attacks can only happen against Tor by the attacker to be both guard and exit? which from TorTeam view this is true?
so wouldn't this work the same way for JonDo? since its sorta like Tor

cane

Post by cane » Wed Aug 19, 2015 13:05

Because i thought correlation attacks can only happen against Tor by the attacker to be both guard and exit?
This is true for both, Tor and JonDonym.

But it is not required to compromise the server operators to apply a correlation attack. It is only required to monitor the traffic of the servers by a global attacker. It can be done external by watching the traffic of the servers.

Tornetwork

Post by Tornetwork » Wed Aug 19, 2015 14:06

Okay so they cant see the traffic unless they compromise the nodes? in JonDo and Tor?