All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Anti-Censorship
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 22:05 

How is JonDo making out in Iran, North Korea, China, and some other high censorship jurisdictions?

I think the JonDo anti-censorship is the best available (that I know of), no VPN, not even an OpenVPN can match it.

Few realize that a network proxy or SSH is far superior for bypassing censorship where even a port 80 or port 443 VPN would fail.

In addition to being a proxy, JonDo offers superior built in anti-censorship features that few if any can match.

Post subject: Re: Anti-Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:38 
In Iran JonDo is working out of the box by last report (4 weeks ago, one week after shutdown of VPNs in Iran, JonDo was working well). But anti-censorship tool are now strictly forbidden in Iran. That's the main problem, not the technique to tunnel the wall.

In China you have to use the Skype anti-censorship forwarder of JonDo by last reports (6 weeks ago). Main problem: howto transfer the knowledge to the user.

The knowledge transfer about anti-censorship features is a main problem for other services too. 5 weeks ago the Iran firewall gets an update and is blocking all VPNs and Tor. Tor does not tunnel the Iran wall out of the box any more. But obfuscation Tor proxies are working well. 90% of Tor users in Iran does not know something about obfuscation proxies and shutdown the Tor client.

Quote:
I think the JonDo anti-censorship is the best available (that I know of), no VPN, not even an OpenVPN can match it.
VPN can not match the anti-censorship features of a real anonymisation services. It is easy to block by deep packet inspection. You may have a look at the products of Ipoque: http://www.ipoque.com/de/produkte/proto ... ion-engine

Features like "traffic obfuscation" is only possible with Tor or JonDo. For traffic obfuscation with JonDo you need the Skype client too. (see China)

Quote:
Few realize that a network proxy or SSH is far superior for bypassing censorship
Thanks for the advice. But you have to broadcast the IP addresses of the SSH server.

The problem is: how to use not fixed IP addresses for anti-censorship features (like SSH proxies) and how to broadcast the IP addresses to the user and not to the censor.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 18:58 

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. But you have to broadcast the IP addresses of the SSH server.

I'm not sure I was giving advice ;)

What I meant, in the context of the post, was that a SSH is very helpful when a VPN service is blocked. A SOCKS5 SSH can usually bypass the censorship and be used to connect to a VPN, where a VPN alone would be blocked.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 14:13 

I can strongly suggest using bVPN service as you can use both SSH and Smoke tunneling to bypass GFW anonymously without being banned, check the service yourself https://www.iwasel.info/en/trysmoketunnelfree/ and try opening blocked sites anonymously. It is reliable, secured, cheap and have so many servers.