Keylogger Protection

Ideas to everything that could be useful. Proposals and tips for JonDonym programming.
AnonymousLife
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 18:59

Keylogger Protection

Post by AnonymousLife » Tue Nov 15, 2011 19:41

Has anyone considered creating a software for keylogger protection?

Mix encryption is great but if there are keyloggers (on your computer or virtual ones) it does little for privacy.

One could include a keylogger software to be built in with the Jondo client (for online protection).

Or maybe the software KeyScrambler (http://www.qfxsoftware.com/index.html) can be included with Jondo, like noscript, cookie monster, and other Firefox add-ons.

It is free for personal use--for the Internet and email.

There are upgrades for the whole computer. But this is something of a different matter than the subject at hand.

KeyScrambler has a solid reputation.

I think this software and others like it (does anyone know of any better ones?) are vitally important for privacy.

AnonymousLife
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 18:59

Re: Keylogger Protection

Post by AnonymousLife » Tue Nov 15, 2011 20:29

I noticed the keyscrambler add-on will not work on jondofox or Aurora (Tor) but only regular Firefox.

Georg Koppen

Re: Keylogger Protection

Post by Georg Koppen » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:35

They write
Because KeyScrambler is located in the kernel, deep in the operating system, it is difficult for keyloggers to bypass the encryption.
Sounds to me like Snake-Oil actually. I mean, if I have a good keylogger it will definitely be in the kernel space as well and if so why not at a deeper level than KeyScrambler? But maybe I am missing here a point as I could not find any source code to estimate that tool (another thing that makes me sceptical). But the main reason I have against bundling an anti-keylogger software with JonDo is that they tend/claim to protect against totally different attack scenarios that do not have anything to do with each other. One should keep them separated to be able to analyze the tools easier. If they are somehow intertwined it would be easy to let some vulnerabilities slip in that are both hard to detect and would not exist with separate programs. That said I still think that regarding the keylogger case you do not need a special tool but need to pay close attention to your computer and what you are doing with it.

AnonymousLife
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 18:59

Re: Keylogger Protection

Post by AnonymousLife » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:05

Georg Koppen wrote:They write
Because KeyScrambler is located in the kernel, deep in the operating system, it is difficult for keyloggers to bypass the encryption.
Sounds to me like Snake-Oil actually. I mean, if I have a good keylogger it will definitely be in the kernel space as well and if so why not at a deeper level than KeyScrambler? But maybe I am missing here a point as I could not find any source code to estimate that tool (another thing that makes me sceptical). But the main reason I have against bundling an anti-keylogger software with JonDo is that they tend/claim to protect against totally different attack scenarios that do not have anything to do with each other. One should keep them separated to be able to analyze the tools easier. If they are somehow intertwined it would be easy to let some vulnerabilities slip in that are both hard to detect and would not exist with separate programs. That said I still think that regarding the keylogger case you do not need a special tool but need to pay close attention to your computer and what you are doing with it.
It actually received favorable reviews by cnet and others when tested with keylogger software.

This is why I am member of this forum and, more importantly, a member of JonDo; clear, concise, answers from experts of Internet Anonymity.

I do not think there exists or that there will ever exist a software that can take the place of prudence, reason, and caution when using the Internet.

User avatar
JohnHenry
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 0:22

Re: Keylogger Protection

Post by JohnHenry » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:41


Jeremy
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 3:41

Re: Keylogger Protection

Post by Jeremy » Sat May 25, 2013 3:44

I fully trusted my children with my computers until things started acting strange. I used Aobo keylogger, just see where they went on the web. It allowed me to look back at history and activity. Now they have their own machines so I could care less but I think it's more like knowing where they went, why and stopping the activity like a parental control would.

jimmaqualin
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:24

Re: Keylogger Protection

Post by jimmaqualin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:30

AnonymousLife wrote:Has anyone considered creating a software for keylogger protection?

Mix encryption is great but if there are keyloggers (on your computer or virtual ones) it does little for privacy.

One could include a keylogger software to be built in with the Jondo client (for online protection).

Or maybe the software KeyScrambler (http://www.qfxsoftware.com/index.html) can be included with Jondo, like noscript, cookie monster, and other Firefox add-ons.

It is free for personal use--for the Internet and email.

There are upgrades for the whole computer. But this is something of a different matter than the subject at hand.

KeyScrambler has a solid reputation.

I think this software and others like it (does anyone know of any better ones?) are vitally important for privacy.
A keylogger, also known as keystroke logging, is a program installed on your computer unbeknownst to you that logs all key strokes typed into your computer which is then viewed by a third party. Keyloggers are also capable of taking screen captures.

08/15
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:20

Re: Keylogger Protection

Post by 08/15 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:31

jimmaqualin wrote:A keylogger, also known as keystroke logging, is a program installed on your computer unbeknownst to you that logs all key strokes typed into your computer which is then viewed by a third party. Keyloggers are also capable of taking screen captures.
... and therefore fits the description of an NSA-like parent that uses surveillance tools to spy on his or her children.

biggles77
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 17:17

Re: Keylogger Protection

Post by biggles77 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:22

Nothing shady about this program

biggles77
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 17:17

Re: Keylogger Protection

Post by biggles77 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 14:18

How does a keylogger silently capture keystrokes? Doesn't the program need to be open to be able to have data sent to it? I used this program ( https://www.elite-keylogger.net/elite-k ... r-mac.html ) , but still do not know exactly how it works

Post Reply