All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: JonDoBrowser is ready!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:39 

Dear JonDonauts,

is has been a significat development effort, but now we made it: a brand new JonDoBrowser is ready!

It not only contains the newest anonymity, privacy and security functions, but also integrates the JonDo client - and even the Tor client! Even with VPN and proxy systems, it will work together like a charm. Installation packages are available for Windows, OSX and Linux:

https://jondobrowser.jondos.de/releases/current/

Whoever uses this browser - with whatever anonymization system - will look absolutely equal to the other users. By cooperation with the Tor developers, we were enabled to build a strong anonymity group together with all Tor users. As JonDoBrowser ais based on the Tor Browser, it is also a full replacement for Tor Browser. We will promptly follow updates of the Tor Browser, of course. The good, old JonDoFox will retire within the next three weeks.

During the next days, we will make official linkings of JonDoBrowser on our web pages. Forum users will get this info already now. We expect to present a web page dedicated to JonDoBrowser and an official Release for not-JonDonauts.

Post subject: Re: JonDoBrowser is ready!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:19 

These are very good news and for now a clear signal for the service's continuation.

Inducing more widespread use of a more secure browser - even without ip anonymisation - is far more important than it may seem. To this day most inet users have no idea to which extent and how they are spied on by websites&co. A browser that warns in real time about occurring attacks such as html5-canvas-requests can perform real political work in this regard, which is as urgent as legitimate.

We cannot change the world but if the world wants to change we can help. That is given to us.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:21 

Known error: JonDo causes, if startet together with the browserm a ho processor load. We will be able to fix the problem in estimated about 4 weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:24 

jondos wrote:
Dear JonDonauts,

is has been a significant development effort, but now we made it: a brand new JonDoBrowser is ready!

It not only contains the newest anonymity, privacy and security functions, but also integrates the JonDo client - and even the Tor client!

Very good news. I tested it rapidly - seems much like Tor Browser than old JonDoFox. Having Tor and JonDo integrated is a good point too. But along my tests, only Tor integration works; When I choose "JonDo Network" in "Select Network", non Jondo process is launching, and I get (what's then entirely normal) a proxy error. I'm on windows 8.1 64 bits and have Java 8 update 151 installed (32 bits version, as JonDoBrowser is 32 bits).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 14:48 

Thank you for this hint! We will try to help ypu fix this. Please understand that it will take some time, we need a lot of resources currently for fixing several bugs and integrate new features.

When we have enough develoment resources, may we contact you on PM for this?

As a quick fix, you can start JonDo separately.

You might also want to try what happens if you uninstall Java and use the Java included in JonDoBrowser.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 20:18 

jondos wrote:
Thank you for this hint!

The problem was on my side: My AV (Avira) has quarantined the JonDoLauncher during a scan. After restauration, the JonDo integration works properly (I use it right now).

Quote:
When we have enough development resources, may we contact you on PM for this?

Of course you may PM me.

Also, maybe a little bug: When JonDo Network is chosen, in Tools->Options->Advanced, "Proxy DNSwhen using SOCKS5" is unticked. Normally this box should be ticked.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:56 

Guran wrote:
The problem was on my side: My AV (Avira) has quarantined the JonDoLauncher during a scan. After restauration, the JonDo integration works properly (I use it right now).

OK thank you! We now reported ur software URL to Avira. Hoopefully they will check it and set it on a whitelist.

Guran wrote:
Also, maybe a little bug: When JonDo Network is chosen, in Tools->Options->Advanced, "Proxy DNSwhen using SOCKS5" is unticked. Normally this box should be ticked.

OK, we will add this to our TODO list. Typically, SOCKS5 should not be used, as JonDo acts as HTTP proxy.