Anonymous Payments

How to stay anonymous in your daily life
sovereignpress

Anonymous Payments

Post by sovereignpress » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:39

Anonymous Payments

In the 23rd of August 2012 article “Payment methods for JonDonym,” it was intimated that anonymous payment methods are increasingly difficult to come by. As the author correctly stated, Ukash payments have discontinued processing payments that could “facilitate malicious activity,” including Internet anonymizers. Indeed, Ukash first commenced this campaign in January 2012 and not a few Internet anonymizers have already been affected.

Though this may seem like an isolated incident, it is anything but. Over the last few years, there has been a growing trend against anonymous and private digital money, better known as eMoney or eCurrency. Indeed, in many states, it is now legally required to submit state issued ID to purchase prepaid cards or cash cards above a predefined monetary value. This trend, however, is both alarming and disconcerting.

However, it now appears that Liberty Reserve, a reliable eMoney system since 2002, may also have succumbed to political pressure, no doubt by governments and the international banking cartel. The website has been down for days and has been on and off sporadically for quite some time. There is abundant Internet chatter that Liberty Reserve may be going the way of eGold. Though Liberty Reserve denies all such rumors, there is little reason to be sanguine.

As technology continues to expand, there is little reason to doubt that all anonymity—Internet and otherwise—may go the way of the dinosaurs. The global police state, so apprehensible and unthinkable, appears to be inching ever so closer to total reality. 1984 is knocking on the doors.

anonymouscoward

Re: Anonymous Payments

Post by anonymouscoward » Tue Jul 02, 2013 0:15

sovereignpress wrote:As technology continues to expand, there is little reason to doubt that all anonymity—Internet and otherwise—may go the way of the dinosaurs. The global police state, so apprehensible and unthinkable, appears to be inching ever so closer to total reality. 1984 is knocking on the doors.

You are right in a certain way. On the other hand, there is still Paysafecard available. At least here in Germany. I paid for JonDonym with Paysafe. I just went to the gas station, paid 10 Euros and got the paypemnt code. Paysafe still is available. But, the most important privacy protection technologies are open source. Tor is open source, GnuPG is open source, TLS/SSL is open source, some VOIP clients are open source. This means, "they" can´t infiltrate them easily and "they" cannot take it away so easily. I burnt a DVD with my current Linux distro and most important software. Should "they" ever ban encryption, I still will have the software.

sovereignpress

Post by sovereignpress » Thu Jul 04, 2013 17:56

You are right in a certain way. On the other hand, there is still Paysafecard available. At least here in Germany. I paid for JonDonym with Paysafe. I just went to the gas station, paid 10 Euros and got the paypemnt code. Paysafe still is available. But, the most important privacy protection technologies are open source. Tor is open source, GnuPG is open source, TLS/SSL is open source, some VOIP clients are open source. This means, "they" can´t infiltrate them easily and "they" cannot take it away so easily. I burnt a DVD with my current Linux distro and most important software. Should "they" ever ban encryption, I still will have the software.
I think you are missing the larger point. Paysafecards require ID beyond 100 euros. But more than that, what I am suggesting is that in the future, paysafecards may not exist--or more likely, all paysafecards will require government issued ID, regardless of the amount.

Yes, open source software will exist and this is great. But the problem is--who knows what the future will hold? There is talk of governments wanting to issue Internet ID cards that require you to log in with government credentials. If this happens, all sessions will be recorded (they already are).

Tor can be banned or governments can introduce backdoors into Tor.

Encryption can be banned or governments will require backdoor access.

Never underestimate the power of a State actor.

anonymouscoward

Post by anonymouscoward » Thu Jul 04, 2013 23:05

sovereignpress wrote:Never underestimate the power of a State actor.

Yes, maybe one day we will have to fight for our freedom. Maybe one day we will need a kind of internet guerilla (though, it may allready exist).