Jondofox meets Firefox 43 = Jondofox disabled :(

If sometime something does not work...
User avatar
Mika Fpga8
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:38

Jondofox meets Firefox 43 = Jondofox disabled :(

Post by Mika Fpga8 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 16:00

Well, after allowing latest FF update to 43, this is what happens:
https://picload.org/image/pwoalgr/jondo16.12.2015.png

Jondofox is, well, general Firefox :(

I could use "Nightly Tester Tools"and most likely would make it work, but I would like to hear more certified and reliable solution from you.


User avatar
Mika Fpga8
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:38

Re: Jondofox meets Firefox 43 = Jondofox disabled :(

Post by Mika Fpga8 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 19:10

Update, I have downloaded the latest available JonDoFox (portable) and after update to 43x everything is back to normal : https://picload.org/image/pwoirwa/jondo ... fixadd.png

Except SSL_session_id is neutral: https://picload.org/image/pwoigoc/jondo ... 15-fix.png

@Ochnö

Thanks for your reply and link. I was partly aware about "SHA-1 certificate" but hopefully they will resolve/update this.

User avatar
Ochnö
Posts: 1738
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 16:03

Re: Jondofox meets Firefox 43 = Jondofox disabled :(

Post by Ochnö » Thu Dec 17, 2015 0:12

The Problem is bigger then you see
The Prof that startet JAP is dead.
https://tu-dresden.de/die_tu_dresden/fa ... mni/apf_de


The Prof that followed him https://www.inf.uni-hamburg.de/de/inst/ab/svs/home.html

lost interest in JAP because his new interest is vehicle automation.

Rolf Wendolsky(an his partners)who startet JonDonym
http://jondos.de/#portfolio

could never get the turnaround and get some profit out of JonDonym.
Key developer for JonDoFox and JonDo browser left 2013.
Developer of the DVD(Cane)left finally some weeks ago(the guy who is running https://www.privacy-handbuch.de/ )

The first time since more then 2 years Rolf showed up today viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9371

That is pretty bad,because JonDo+JDF had been the best anonymizing system for years.
But now?

User avatar
Mika Fpga8
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:38

Re: Jondofox meets Firefox 43 = Jondofox disabled :(

Post by Mika Fpga8 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 0:49

Ochnö,

thanks for your time and concrete links. They certainly paint somewhat disturbing picture about the future of Jondo. But I have to believe someone will surely follow their project? I’m sure, provided we all agree on donations, Jondo has to continue and stay alive and well.

Jondo is not only the best, Jondo is the only one that I trust. I admire TOR but never trust in the way they handle servers, much to liberate for my taste.

Also, when I read news like these, specially today, when privacy is diminished by many, I tend to be suspicious about motivation from dark side, for Jondo to be dismantled.

Lets hope for better and more prospective future for Jondo

xg27
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 13:39

Re: Jondofox meets Firefox 43 = Jondofox disabled :(

Post by xg27 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 15:05

Ochnö wrote: The first time since more then 2 years Rolf showed up today viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9371
Well, let's not shitstorm him for if we do he will think more than twice about it before showing up again.
lol!

User avatar
Ochnö
Posts: 1738
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 16:03

Re: Jondofox meets Firefox 43 = Jondofox disabled :(

Post by Ochnö » Thu Dec 17, 2015 16:54

xg27 wrote:
Ochnö wrote: The first time since more then 2 years Rolf showed up today viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9371
Well, let's not shitstorm him for if we do he will think more than twice about it before showing up again.
lol!
Where do you see a "shitstorm"?
That's bs!
But we all need answers,whats going on and what will happen with JonDo&JDF!
Just this fix of signing the xpi and no answers after 2 years of silence is not enough.

User avatar
jondos
Posts: 1241
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 14:52

Re: Jondofox meets Firefox 43 = Jondofox disabled :(

Post by jondos » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:46

Mika Fpga8 wrote:Well, after allowing latest FF update to 43, this is what happens:
https://picload.org/image/pwoalgr/jondo16.12.2015.png

Jondofox is, well, general Firefox :(

I could use "Nightly Tester Tools"and most likely would make it work, but I would like to hear more certified and reliable solution from you.
Hello,

we hope this manual will help you get it work again:

https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/blo ... ox-43.html

Best regards!

User avatar
jondos
Posts: 1241
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 14:52

Re: Jondofox meets Firefox 43 = Jondofox disabled :(

Post by jondos » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:05

Ochnö wrote: Where do you see a "shitstorm"?
That's bs!
But we all need answers,whats going on and what will happen with JonDo&JDF!
Just this fix of signing the xpi and no answers after 2 years of silence is not enough.
Dear Ochnö, thank you for your support and interest in JonDonym. The situation is not easy for us since quite a while. Nor can we regularly answer to the forum. However, as posted in the German forum, we plan do the following:

* The migration to SHA256 is already running, in cooperation with the TU Dresden. This will be finished before the end of 2016.
* As Mozilla will change its add-on API until the middle of 2016, we are currently developing a whole new JonDoFox xpi. This one will also be distributable without a profile, will be hosted on Mozilla AMO and will thereby be easier to use and to maintain, in order to react faster on new privacy problems.

Moreover we might get other promising chances for further development next year. If that luckily happens, we will gladly inform you about that.

User avatar
Mika Fpga8
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:38

Re: Jondofox meets Firefox 43 = Jondofox disabled :(

Post by Mika Fpga8 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:50

jondos wrote:we hope this manual will help you get it work again:
https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/blo ... ox-43.html
Best regards!
Hello Jondos,

As I wrote earlier, I've already sorted my problems, but nevertheless, thanks for you response.
jondos wrote:* The migration to SHA256 is already running, in cooperation with the TU Dresden. This will be finished before the end of 2016.
This is good news.
jondos wrote:This one will also be distributable without a profile, will be hosted on Mozilla AMO and will thereby be easier to use and to maintain, in order to react faster on new privacy problems.
Could you elaborate on this please.

Post Reply