JonDoFox Upate

If sometime something does not work...
AnonymousUser

JonDoFox Upate

Post by AnonymousUser » Mon May 05, 2014 2:28

Using JonDoFox esr 24.4.0, when I hit update it downloads the updates (around 3.5mb) and then restarts. For some reason the version is the same after restart and the update is not taking? Tried several times and JonDoFox will just keep updating.

JohnHenry

Re: JonDoFox Upate

Post by JohnHenry » Mon May 05, 2014 17:10

free cascades are restricted to download files less than 2mb.
Maybe that's your problem?

cane

Post by cane » Mon May 05, 2014 20:21

free cascades are restricted to download files less than 2mb.
This restriction only affects HTTP traffic (unencrypted). HTTPS is not affected by file size limitation and the download of Firefox updates is SSL secured.
For some reason the version is the same after restart and the update is not taking?
May be, the user have no write permission to the Firefox binaries? I need a more specific error description, I can not say anything more with this small piece of error description.

You may start Firefox/JonDoFox in a terminal or DOS box and look at errors on command line or you may have a look at the error console of Firefox.

AnonymousUser

Post by AnonymousUser » Mon May 05, 2014 21:41

After quite a few more attempts I was finally able to get it to download 24.5.0. To be honest I'm not sure what the problem was. Anyways, thanks for the replies!

nevertalk00

Post by nevertalk00 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:03

When I go into about:config in JonDoFox and change the following setting: browser.cache.memory.enable to false the change will stay until I restart the browser