email providers bookmark

If sometime something does not work...
mark9700

email providers bookmark

Post by mark9700 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 14:04

Hello

i tried to sign up on differents email services inside the bookmarks of jondo web browser (xmail,vfemail,mailinator,onewaymail). I couldnt pass on anyone the registration form . i tried many times , even giving temp allowance rights to scripts . What could be the problem ? I fill the boxes of checks anti-bot but it always result in incorrect word
it could be a problem related with the JonDo browser ?
B.R
BB

cane

Re: email providers bookmark

Post by cane » Sun Oct 27, 2013 17:53

Please enable cookies and Javascript if required.

Have a look at our online help about JonDoFox (section 4.), start with: https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/en/ ... dofox.html

mark9700

Post by mark9700 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 16:08

thx cane the quick answer

i tried to temporarly enable javascripts and all what is said into the faq , but xmail runs on an app so i think thats not compatible with jondofox limitations

there is an email service ,that u know for sure, with good anonymization that works fine with jondofox (allowing temporary the scripts)?

And in conclusion a question : when i allow a javascript , it will collect my personal information , but since i am using jondofox i presume what will be exposed will be only the anonymized ip that jondo provides me , right ?

cane

Post by cane » Tue Oct 29, 2013 20:05

I enabled cookies and Javascript for Xmail.net and was able to create a new account with JonDo+JonDoFox. (see attached screenshot)
Attachments
xmail.png

mark9700

Post by mark9700 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 22:16

i realized just now i wasnt allowing cookies for xmail
thx again for the quick anwer cane

if i may , i'd post again the question about this practice of giving temporary allowance to cookies and java .
my real ip is never exposed am i right ?
whenever i use jondofox with jondo prepaid traffic , my ip is always on of the mixed cascades , right ?

cane

Post by cane » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:18

the question about this practice of giving temporary allowance to cookies and java .
Please note: "Java" is not "Javascript", it is very different!

Cookies: can not expose your IP address (can only set a small mark, it is easy to delete)

Javascript: can not expose your IP address (but read some information about your computer and calculate a more or less unique fingerprint)

Java: is a plug-in. It CAN expose your IP address, it can calculate a high value fingerprint of your browser and is disabled in JonDoFox.

You may use our Anonymity Test to check it. http://ip-check.info/?lang=en
Open the full test, enable Javascript or cookies and reload and see the differences.

You may read a little bit about tracking techniques in our online help for background information: https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/en/ ... chnik.html

mark9700

Post by mark9700 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 16:50

Thanks for your valid and helpful support cane

i have another question : i read somewhere about something called "man in the middle" attack , that could expose my privacy and allow somehow someone to actually see my traffic .
Is it possible even using jondo+jondofox ? How may i be sure i am not under a man in the middle attack ?

mark9700

Post by mark9700 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 16:54

cane wrote:
Cookies: can not expose your IP address (can only set a small mark, it is easy to delete)

Javascript: can not expose your IP address (but read some information about your computer and calculate a more or less unique fingerprint)

Java: is a plug-in. It CAN expose your IP address, it can calculate a high value fingerprint of your browser and is disabled in JonDoFox.
when you talk about my IP , do you referr to the IP that JonDonym grant me or my real IP ?

sovereignpress

Post by sovereignpress » Thu Oct 31, 2013 0:51

mark9700 wrote:
cane wrote:

when you talk about my IP , do you referr to the IP that JonDonym grant me or my real IP ?
Your real IP. If you are using Jondonym and your IP leaks via Java, then you real IP address will be uncovered.

sovereignpress

Post by sovereignpress » Thu Oct 31, 2013 0:57

mark9700 wrote:Thanks for your valid and helpful support cane

i have another question : i read somewhere about something called "man in the middle" attack , that could expose my privacy and allow somehow someone to actually see my traffic .
Is it possible even using jondo+jondofox ? How may i be sure i am not under a man in the middle attack ?
There are a variety of man in the middle attacks. I suppose the most likely you may encounter is when a third party web server (say Google or Amazon, for example) is compromised.

Man in the middle attacks can affect any Internet anonymization service, including JonDonym and VPNs, because often-times the problem may involve a third party server and its SSL certificate and/or digital keys. Thus, if you use JonDonym and Amazon is compromised, JonDonym will not protect you. But neither will any other service.

The best way to protect yourself is to remain vigilant. However, in some instances, vigilance may not be enough, as a good man in the middle can be extremely stealth, undetectable even.