Unable to log into Amazon.com with Jondofox

If sometime something does not work...
thedicktator

Unable to log into Amazon.com with Jondofox

Post by thedicktator » Fri Oct 11, 2013 20:55

I just started using this and love it so far.

However, I can't log into Amazon.

At first, it says I need to enable cookies, which I did. That message dissapeared.

So I tried to log in and it asked for CAPTCHA verification, which is strange.

After I entered in the CAPTCHA, it takes me to an error page.

It says Amazon is currently working on the issue and wont let me log in.

Screenshot of error page is attached.

Please advise
Attachments
Jondofox Amazon Error.jpg

JohnHenry

Re: Unable to log into Amazon.com with Jondofox

Post by JohnHenry » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:54

thedicktator wrote:I just started using this and love it so far.

However, I can't log into Amazon.
At first, it says I need to enable cookies, which I did. That message dissapeared.
why nearly nobody read the help first?
https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/en/ ... dofox.html
So I tried to log in and it asked for CAPTCHA verification, which is strange.
which is not-if you had read the help
After I entered in the CAPTCHA, it takes me to an error page.

It says Amazon is currently working on the issue and wont let me log in.
which is normal->see help
Screenshot of error page is attached.

Please advise
enable temporarily cookies with CookieMonster
enable temporarily js with NoScript
You need to know what scripts are needed to make things work properly,cause often,after you enabled the first scripts more scripts are loaded and mostly not all are needed.

The exit mix you log in with should in a case like this(you are a known,registered user)
within your country.

keepmehidden

Post by keepmehidden » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:08

TBH if you want to remain anonymous you should definitely NOT use JonDoFox or any other anonymizing technique to login to any account where you can be associated with your real IP address and even worse to be able to associate that IP address with your real name and real address!.

You need to become like Neo (The Matrix) with 2 identities, your real world identity and your online anonymized one, but only to be used where you definitely do not login with your real-world identity.

JohnHenry

Post by JohnHenry » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:41

keepmehidden wrote:TBH if you want to remain anonymous you should definitely NOT use JonDoFox or any other anonymizing technique to login to any account where you can be associated with your real IP address and even worse to be able to associate that IP address with your real name and real address!.

You need to become like Neo (The Matrix) with 2 identities, your real world identity and your online anonymized one, but only to be used where you definitely do not login with your real-world identity.
what's ur drug? :lol:

When he is loggin into his account using JDF&JonDo there is NO association with his real IP.
Only if he enables active content like flash,silverlight or activeX without using a proxyfier and JonDo premium it is possible to get his real IP.
The advantage of using JonDo in a case like this is to prevent a "mintm" attack.

Okay-I have a"healthy"form of beeing paranoid :lol:
I use one computer only for online banking(with JonDo&JDF).
another ONLY to buy things online(with JonDo&JDF).
and the third for searching the web(with JonDo&JDF).
and there's no connection between them ever
all are sitting in a dmz behind an exposed host and a "real"fw
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_%28computing%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_%28com ... l_firewall

u can use something like this for it
http://firewall.dubbele.com/

now have phun :lol:

keepmehidden

Post by keepmehidden » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:49

JohnHenry wrote:
keepmehidden wrote:TBH if you want to remain anonymous you should definitely NOT use JonDoFox or any other anonymizing technique to login to any account where you can be associated with your real IP address and even worse to be able to associate that IP address with your real name and real address!.

what's ur drug? :lol:

When he is loggin into his account using JDF&JonDo there is NO association with his real IP.
Only if he enables active content like flash,silverlight or activeX without using a proxyfier and JonDo premium it is possible to get his real IP.
The advantage of using JonDo in a case like this is to prevent a "mintm" attack.

Okay-I have a"healthy"form of beeing paranoid :lol:
I use one computer only for online banking(with JonDo&JDF).
another ONLY to buy things online(with JonDo&JDF).
and the third for searching the web(with JonDo&JDF).
and there's no connection between them ever
all are sitting in a dmz behind an exposed host and a "real"fw
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_%28computing%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_%28com ... l_firewall

u can use something like this for it
http://firewall.dubbele.com/

now have phun :lol:
Of course there is an association with his REAL WORLD IDENTITY: His REAL NAME and REAL ADDRESS, assuming he has given these details to Amazon in order to get whatever items he buys from them.

And once he logs in to that account whatever methods he uses to hide his identity are a complete and total waste of time!

Don't forget an IP address is only important if it can be used to trace a real person.

So what's the point of hiding an IP address if the login details point to a REAL person?

In that case, as in yours, attempts to hide his IP address are totally meaningless!

And in your case why bother with the rigmarole of having 3 computers when you are giving your REAL details to the various places you login to: banking, buying online (if the items are delivered to your REAL address) etc.

But it's far worse than that.

Do you hide from your ISP the times you log in?

If you don't that's another factor to help identify you.

And I know that JonDo allows you to hide in a crowd but that only works if other factors do not lead to you.

And even using JonDo is a factor in identifying you, something which many governmental agencies are well aware of.

Imagine trying to hide in a crowd of people all wearing red T-shirts but you have a blue T-shirt; not much anonymity there!

Anonymity is a state of mind far more than anything else.

thedicktator

Post by thedicktator » Mon Oct 14, 2013 21:08

Hello JohnHenry

Thank you for your detail reply.

I tried all your suggestions after reading the help file you posted: https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/en/ ... dofox.html

I enabled cookies.

I temporarily allowed Amazon.com through noscript then also made the page permission permanent.

I added Amazon.com to the whitelist in the noscript option.

However, I am still NOT able to log into my account.

The same error shows.

JohnHenry

Post by JohnHenry » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:58

Okay-I never ever do it permanent,cause I'm paranoid. :)

After you allowed the first script more scripts are popping up and you need to allow them also.
Like images and again one amazon acript.
I think superfish is not needed,cause I never need it at other places to get into.
Maybe after you put in your pw and user and sent this,more scripts are coming up.

At some places I had to redo this steps up to ten times. ;)

As long as you use only one physical machine it's a good idea to seperate your activities with VM's.One for online banking only,one for buying things at amazon and other places and one for surfin' the net :)

keepmehidden

Post by keepmehidden » Wed Oct 16, 2013 22:12

thedicktator wrote:Hello JohnHenry

Thank you for your detail reply.

I tried all your suggestions after reading the help file you posted: https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/en/ ... dofox.html

I enabled cookies.

I temporarily allowed Amazon.com through noscript then also made the page permission permanent.

I added Amazon.com to the whitelist in the noscript option.

However, I am still NOT able to log into my account.

The same error shows.
I still don't understand why you are attempting to login to an account where your full name etc are already known using a browser designed for anonymity.

Why not just login on an ordinary browser, IE, Firefox, Chrome etc instead of going all round the houses?

thedicktator

Post by thedicktator » Wed Oct 16, 2013 22:25

because I have multiple amazon accounts and dont want them linked to each other.

keepmehidden

Post by keepmehidden » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:59

thedicktator wrote:because I have multiple amazon accounts and dont want them linked to each other.
Then how did you open them?

Unless you used a different IP each time they can already be semi-linked.

Good luck with it but I think, as you are already finding, that using JonDo will cause you a great many problems.

Far easier to use different locations, libraries, cafes, etc with different IP addresses and sign on from there.

Apart from CCTV you should have no problems.