Calendula The Flower With A Punch

How to stay anonymous in your daily life
IsaacBrown

Calendula The Flower With A Punch

Post by IsaacBrown » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:24

Calendula(Calendula officianalis) sometimes called Pot marigold is actually not a marigold at all, it’s a member of the sunflower family. Not only is it a beautiful plant with gorgeous orange flowers and wonderful healing powers, it’s easy to grow too!

A must have in any dog household, Calendula is my go to herb to treat minor cuts, abrasions, sunburn, rashes, hot spots, eczema, insect bites, burns, yeast infections and inflammations of the skin. Because of it’s anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties, I use Calendula for my dogs on everything from chapped paws and minor cuts to yeast infections.
Calendula works well at speeding up the wound healing process, so well, make sure to clean the wound thoroughly so as not to trap dirt in debris in the wound.

One way to apply Calendula topically is by making a tea. You can make the tea one of two ways.

Dried herb method: Place 2 tablespoons of dried herb in a heat proof cup and add a cup or so of boiling water. Cover with a saucer or the like and allow to steep for about 20 minutes.
Fresh herb method: Fill a heat proof jar with fresh flowers and pour in boiling water. Allow the mixture to infuse until it’s fully cooled.

ViciousKing

Re: Calendula The Flower With A Punch

Post by ViciousKing » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:14

That's interesting. Nice sharing. Where can I get some more information about Calendula?

JanePetersg
name: Jane Peters

Post by JanePetersg » Tue Jul 07, 2020 13:34

Great post, thanks for sharing! Actually, I'd very much like to have a beautiful garden, but I don't have time because of work and I admit that I don't know how to take care of plants at all. But I'd really like to grow plants that can then be used in cooking or for medical purposes (like Calendula). But first I need to learn how to grow the simplest plants that don't require much care, so I think I will grow String of turtles. Has anyone ever heard of such a plant? I read that it requires very little maintenance and this is what suits me. So, I found Hobby plants blog to find out more information about this. Moreover, if your plants have problems such as aphids, then you can also learn ways to save your plants from various diseases and insect pests in this blog. Well, I like that I can find any information on Google or different blogs, but sometimes I need to hear live reviews.

ShortShot

Post by ShortShot » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:13

JanePetersg wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 13:34
Great post, thanks for sharing! Actually, I'd very much like to have a beautiful garden, but I don't have time because of work and I admit that I don't know how to take care of plants at all. But I'd really like to grow plants that can then be used in cooking or for medical purposes (like Calendula). But first I need to learn how to grow the simplest plants that don't require much care, so I think I will grow String of turtles. Has anyone ever heard of such a plant? I read that it requires very little maintenance and this is what suits me. So, I found Hobby plants blog to find out more information about this. Moreover, if your plants have problems such as aphids, then you can also learn ways to save your plants from various diseases and insect pests in this blog. Well, I like that I can find any information on Google or different blogs, but sometimes I need to hear live reviews.
Yes, this plant really doesn't need much care. As for aphids, you need to be careful and get rid of them immediately when they are detected because aphids can destroy your garden.

Elise Davis

Post by Elise Davis » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:29

Great post, thanks for sharing!