Advantages of premium services
With JonDonym you can choose between free services and the chargeable premium services. For premium services, you need a billing account with costs. The revenues achived thereby are used for extension and maintenance of the JonDonym system and for improving the JonDo software. Using premium services offers a lot of additional advantages to the basic features of JonDo:
|Speed||30-50 kBit/s||more than 800 kBit/s|
|Available ports||HTTP / HTTPS||all*|
|Maximum number of users||limited||unlimited|
|Maximum file size for up- and downloads (HTTP)||2 MB||unlimited|
|Number of different countries||2||2-3|
|Number of mixes (proxies)||2||3|
|* SMTP-Port 25 is blocked on all cascades because of spam misuses.|
- Guaranteed access:: A connection to at least one of the premium services is guaranteed for a minimum of 99% of the annual average.
- Guaranteed performance: Within the framework of the above guaranteed access, at least one service with a speed of at least 600 kbit/s and latencies of 4 seconds maximum will be available during 90% of the daily average. (Freeb services, especially Tor, are usually much slower).
- Legal certainty: Development, support and billing addresses are all located in Germany and not at some anonymous offshore company without a summonable address. Germany sets worldwide standards in customer protection.
- Guaranteed internationality: Mixes and operators of a premium cascade are spread over at least two countries. This ensures that no large network node (CIX) can monitor all data traffic. Besides, it cripples every national data retention since a situation where all mixes in a cascade do log never occurs.
- Guaranteed connection: The mix operators generally do not block any Internet ports (except email port 25, if needed for spam defense). If the JonDonym service is blocked in your country, you get back your unconsumed volume as money.
- SOCKS5 support: Premium services offer SOCKS support. You may use it with application without HTTP proxy support.
Excluded from these guarantees are software errors that are discharged from liability in the licence and General Terms and Conditions of the software maintainers. Further possible exclusions concerning a single service may be found in the GTCTs of the respective mix operators.
If you would like to use premium services, create a disposable account and activate it by an anonymous or non anonymous payment methods of your choice. After that you will have a certain amount of data volume at your disposal, depending on your chosen rate, to pay for premium services. Once it is depleted and you would like to use the JonDonym services any further, you can create and activate another disposable account any time.
Advice on protection of personal information: for accurate clearing of data volumes with the mix operators it is saved how much volume an account has used cumulatively on a mix cascade. Moreover, a statistical evaluation of the data volume transferred per account is done with daily accuracy. An allocation of accounts to user identities is not saved. It is technically impossible to recognize requested websites by the deducted data volumes alone, even if monitoring accurately to the second or at maximum accuracy.